The State Bar of Texas has announced its schedule for a series of public education hearings on proposed amendments to the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct. The schedule for the hearings is as follows:
- Aug. 30 in Room 153 of Lanier Auditorium, Texas Tech University School of Law, 1802 Hartford Ave., Lubbock;
- Aug. 31 in the Commissioners Courtroom, 500 E. San Antonio, El Paso;
- Sept. 1 in the Sandalwood Room of the Hyatt Regency, 1200 Louisiana St., Houston;
- Sept. 2 at Traditions, 6205 S. Broadway Ave., Tyler;
- Sept. 3 in the Winstead Ballroom, Belo Mansion, 2101 Ross Ave., Dallas;
- Sept. 7 on sixth floor of Town Club, 800 N. Shoreline Blvd., Corpus Christi;
- Sept. 8 in Casa de Palmas Renaissance, 101 N. Main St., McAllen;
- Sept. 9, Bexar County Courthouse, 100 Dolorosa, San Antonio; and
- Sept. 10 in the Hatton W. Sumners Conference Room at Texas Law Center, 1414 Colorado St., Austin.
The hearings will be held from noon to 2 p.m. State Bar spokeswoman Kim Davey says people who attend the hearings will have an opportunity to testify and ask questions about the proposed rules changes. The Texas Supreme Court has asked the State Bar board of directors to consider the proposals and provide recommendations to the court by Oct. 6.
-- Mary Alice Robbins